- Eleanor Tafoya passed away peacefully at her home in Santa Ana surrounded by loved ones on Monday April 29th due to natural causes. She was 93 years young. She was born June 12th, 1925 in Fresno Caliifornia. She later moved with her family to Los Angeles where she attended high school and later met her furture husband Manuel A. Tafoya. They marred and made their home in Delhi a neighborhood in Santa Ana, where they raised 12 children, 9 girls and 3 boys.
- Manuel passed away early in life at the age of 47 leaving Eleanor to raise her children alone with the help of the older siblings. Eleanor was a strong determined woman who loved all her children, grand children, great grand children and great great grand children. Eleanor helped to raise several of her grand children when their mothers had passed early in their lives. She had a heart of gold and never judged anyone and welcomed all into her home with open arms and an open heart. She always kept all her loved ones in prayer and her faith was strong. She attended mass at Guadalupe church in Delhi and later at St.Joseph's church near her home in Santa Ana.
- She enjoyed games of Scrabble, trips to the movies, Disneyland and watching her westerns on T.V. She loved the music of Glen Miller Tommy Dorsey, Doo Wop and the older Rock and Roll. Eleanor's eyes would light up seeing all her loved ones and family functions and parties. She also enjoyed an occasional trip to the casino. She truly had a loving and caring heart and any one who knew her loved her, and were better off for getting to know her. She offered lots of advise to her grand children and they enjoyed all the stories she had to tell them.
- Eleanor was preceded in death by her husband Manuel Sr. her daughters Sylvia, Carol, Lorraine and her son Manuel Jr. She is survived by her daughters, Angie, Dinah, Irene, Rosie, Anne, Victoria and sons Jim and Mario, along with many grand children, great grand children, great great grand children nieces, nephews, and many more loved ones.
- Eleanor will be greatly missed by all those who knew her.
To send flowers to the family or plant a tree in memory of Eleanor Tafoya, please visit our floral store.